The Minnesota Timberwolves (25-32) flirtation with being a .500 team and possible playoff participant ended with the torn ACL of Ricky Rubio. Without their Spanish rookie, the Wolves defense has suffered and the ball movement and transition offense just isn't the same. Add to that some health issue on their front line and an ankle injury to Luke Ridnour and this just isn't the same team.
That's all fine and well for the Phoenix Suns (29-27) who who have a tough week ahead of them and need to get off on the right foot with a win on Monday night. It won't be easy, however, with Kevin Love and Nikola Pekovic in the game.
Love has elevated his status to elite level in the NBA and Pekovic is very difficult to handle in the paint. The two work well together and share the ball, rebound and (sometimes) defend.
Expect a high-scoring game and the Suns depth and perimeter players to make the difference.
- Point guard: Steve Nash --- Jose Juan Barea
- Shooting guard: Shannon Brown -- Wesley Johnson
- Small forward: Jared Dudley -- Martell Webster
- Power forward: Channing Frye -- Kevin Love
- Center: Marcin Gortat -- Nikola Pekovic
- Key subs: Suns (Sebastian Telfair, Robin Lopez, Michael Redd). T-Wolves (Michael Beasley, Wayne Ellington, Derrick Williams, Malcolm Lee, Anthony Randolph)
TV broadcast info:
The Suns game tips off at 6:00 p.m. Arizona time on Fox Sports Arizona and ESPN 2 and Arizona Sports 620 radio. Bright Side of the Sun will have the live game thread.