The Phoenix Suns are about to start what could very well be the decisive stretch of their season. Sitting in 10th place but just a handful out of game out of the money, they face a stretch of eight games with only one at home. And that home game comes Saturday against the Lakers after playing Friday night in Denver.
It's a tough, tough run of games with contests against the Nuggets, Jazz and Rockets presenting big opportunities to make or lose ground in the race. If Grant Hill is able to return from minor knee surgery this season, it will certainly be after these next two weeks.
Fortunately, the stretch starts with what should be a winnable game on Tuesday in Sacramento. The Suns have beat the Kings both times they've played this season and eight of their last 11 meetings.
The Kings are coming off a win over the beat up Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday.
- Point guard: Steve Nash --- Isaiah Thomas
- Shooting guard: Shannon Brown -- Marcus Thorton
- Small forward: Jared Dudley -- Tyreke Evans
- Power forward: Channing Frye -- Jason Thompson
- Center: Marcin Gortat -- DeMarcus Cousins
- Key subs: Suns (Sebastian Telfair, Robin Lopez, Michael Redd). Kings (Terrence Williams, Jimmer Fredette, Donte Greene)
TV broadcast info:
The Suns game tips off at 7:00 p.m. Arizona time on Fox Sports Arizona and Arizona Sports 620 radio. Bright Side of the Sun will have the live game thread.
For the latest AZ sports, follow us on Twitter @SBNArizona and "Like" us on Facebook.