There's simply no time left on the calendar for the Phoenix Suns (30-28) to keep losing games if they want to be a playoff team and not a lottery team. That much is very clear and plainly put by center Marcin Gortat.
Phoenix Suns face 'game for everything' vs. Rockets
"It's the game for everything," Suns center Marcin Gortat said. "We have to win this game and another game in San Antonio (on Saturday night). We can't lose any more games if we want to make the playoffs. We can't trip any more."
The task won't be easy, however, as the Suns take on the Houston Rockets (32-26) who are playing extremely good basketball. Led by former Sun Goran Dragic, the Rockets are 5-2 over their last seven games but did lose to the Utah Jazz in their most recent game on Wednesday.
This one should be fun if you think high stakes makes for entertaining sports.
- Point guard: Steve Nash --- Goran Dragic
- Shooting guard: Shannon Brown -- Courtney Lee
- Small forward: Jared Dudley -- Chandler Parsons
- Power forward: Channing Frye -- Luis Scola
- Center: Marcin Gortat -- Marcus Camby
- Key subs: Suns (Sebastian Telfair, Robin Lopez, Michael Redd). Rockets (Patrick Patterson, Chase Budinger, Kyle Lowry, Samuel Dalembert)
TV broadcast info:
The Suns game tips off at 5:00 p.m. Arizona time on Fox Sports Arizona, ESPN and Arizona Sports 620 radio. Bright Side of the Sun will have the live game thread.