I don't normally link or discuss other people's power rankings, but this one from Marc Stein caught my eye. HOLY CRAP THE SUNS ARE 9TH!!!!! That was my reaction when reading. No question the Suns are playing quality basketball, but saying they are one of the top 10 teams in the NBA seems a little much. Onto my rankings...
- Chicago Bulls 40-11: The first team to clinch a playoff spot. They are 3 ½ games ahead of the Heat for first place in the Eastern Conference. For all the talk about the Bulls defense, their offensive efficiency is tied for third in the NBA.
- Oklahoma City 37-12: After the spanking they gave the Heat on Sunday I had no choice, but to move them ahead of LeBron & Co. Thursday they play the Lakers in Los Angeles really looking forward to that one.
- Miami Heat 35-13: Heat are 4-4 in their last eight games. All four losses were on the road against quality competition. Lulls like this happen during a NBA season.
- San Antonio Spurs 33-14: Spurs have won four in a row and are 8-2 in their last 10. More importantly they signed Boris Diaw and his Double D man boobs.
- Los Angeles Lakers 30-19: Since when is it considered a benching when you don't play your best player down 15 with under 6 minutes left & what the hell was Mike Brown doing putting Kobe back in the game with under 2 minutes left Sunday against the Grizzlies?
- Orlando Magic 32-18: Lost back to back games to the Bulls and Heat, but have rebounded against lower competition with a three game winning streak. Competition picks back up this week against the Knicks, Mavericks and Nuggets.
- Indiana Pacers 29-19: Pacers have won four of their last give since losing a home and home to the Knicks including a demolition of the Heat Monday night.
- Memphis Grizzlies 26-21: Lost the first three games of a road trip to Sacramento, Portland and the Clippers. Then on the second night of a back to back beat the Lakers at Staples. The Lakers were previously 20-3 at home. Moving along to something that makes more sense.
- Utah Jazz 27-23: A quadruple overtime lost Sunday from being in the midst of an eight game winning streak. They have won at LA (Lakers) and beat the Thunder at home. Props to Tyrone Corbin for getting the most out the roster.
- Atlanta Hawks 30-20: Pains me to put this team here because I really don't think they're any good, but they have won four straight games. Joe Johnson is on a freaking tear.