The Phoenix Suns (23-24) lost both of their Florida games and are back in 10th place in the Western Conference Playoff chase. Losing the Heat and Magic is understandable, but with the way things look with 19 games left on the schedule, a win Friday against the Indiana Pacers becomes very important. And the Pacers are no push over.
Indiana (27-18) is a talented team with Roy Hibbert in the middle, Paul George and Danny Granger on the wings and Darren Collison and George Hill at the point. Mix in Lou Amundson's grit and hustle and Leandro Barbosa's explosive potential off the bench and it's no wonder many consider the Pacers the fourth-best team in the East.
The Pacers won in Washington Thursday night while the Suns have the advantage of a day off prior to this game.
- Point guard: Steve Nash --- Darren Collison
- Shooting guard: Jared Dudley -- Paul George
- Small forward: Grant Hill -- Danny Granger
- Power forward: Channing Frye -- David West
- Center: Marcin Gortat -- Roy Hibbert
- Key subs: Suns (Shannon Brown, Sebastian Telfair, Robin Lopez). Pacers (George Hill, Tyler Hansbrough, Leandro Barbosa, Lou Amundson, Dahntay Jones)
TV broadcast info:
The Suns game tips off at 4:00 p.m. Arizona time on Fox Sports Arizona and Arizona Sports 620 radio. Bright Side of the Sun will have the live game thread.