The Phoenix Suns (8-14) are back at home with a game that on paper should be "winnable" against the Charlotte Bobcats (3-20) but as is clearly obvious, this Suns team can't take anything for granted. Coach Alvin Gentry's biggest concern right now is the team's energy level and inconsistent effort.
"I am more concerned about the overall energy level as anything. To me that's the most important thing. We've just had too much of a discrepancy and that area right there is something we've got to get back and be consistent with, competing and playing hard night in and night out," Gentry said before the game.
The Suns will be without starting shooting guard Jared Dudley, who's starting to play his way back into the form we've come to expect. Dudley suffered a thigh bruise in Wednesday's game in New Orleans and got hit again on Friday in Houston. Michael Redd is expected to get the start but a final decision will likely wait until just before tip.
- Point guard: Steve Nash --- Kemba Walker
- Shooting guard: Michael Redd -- Matt Carroll
- Small forward: Grant Hill -- Tyrus Thomas
- Power forward: Channing Frye -- Boris Diaw
- Center: Marcin Gortat -- DeSagana Diop
- Key subs: Suns (Markieff Morris, Ronnie Price, Shannon Brown, Hakim Warrick). Bobcats (Bismack Biyombo, Derrick Brown, Corry Higgins, Reggie Williams)
TV broadcast info:
The Suns game tips off at 7:00 p.m. Arizona time on Fox Sports Arizona. Arizona Sports 620 radio. Bright Side of the Sun will have the live game thread.
Phoenix Suns vs. Charlotte Bobcats Game Preview - Bright Side Of The Sun
If the regular Bobcats squad wasn't beatable enough, the Suns have the added advantage of their opponents missing their top three scorers, Gerald Henderson, D.J. Augustin and Corey Maggette for tonight's game at US Airways Center in Phoenix.