After a 111-99 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday night at the Staples Center, the Phoenix Suns return home to face the Lakers again on Sunday night. The game kicks off a three game homestand before All-Star weekend, after which nine of the following 11 games are also at home.
In their meeting on Friday, Kobe Bryant scored 18 points in the third quarter en route to a 36 point performance. Also, Matt Barnes and Shannon Brown played well against their former teams. Barnes, a former member of the Suns, went for 17 points on 6-7 shooting while Brown, who last played for the Lakers, scored 15.
- Point guard: Steve Nash --- Derek Fisher
- Shooting guard: Jared Dudley -- Kobe Bryant
- Small forward: Grant Hill -- Metta World Peace
- Power forward: Channing Frye -- Pau Gasol
- Center: Marcin Gortat -- Andrew Bynum
- Key subs: Suns (Markieff Morris, Michael Redd, Ronnie Price, Robin Lopez). Lakers (Steve Blake, Troy Murphy, Matt Barnes, Andrew Goudelock)
TV broadcast info:
The Suns game tips off at 6:00 p.m. Arizona time on Fox Sports Arizona. Arizona Sports 620 radio. Bright Side of the Sun will have the live game thread.