The 2011 NBA Draft is just a few weeks away and things are starting to heat up. The Draft Combine in Chicago is over and we now have all the measurements and some interesting reports as well. In most of the 2011 NBA Mock Drafts, Duke point guard Kyrie Irving and Arizona's forward Derrick Williams sit on top of the board. Things get more interesting with the third pick which belongs to the Utah Jazz (acquired from the New Jersey Nets in the Deron Williams trade).
SB Nation's Tom Ziller has the Jazz taking the very intriguing Turkish big man, Enes Canter with that pick. The Jazz already have Paul Millsap, Al Jefferson and Derrick Favors, but Ziller thinks Utah will pass on point guard Brandon Knight from Kentucky and take Kanter.
In Ziller's scenario, Jefferson ends up getting moved but we should also remember that Millsap was rumored to be on the market at the February Trade Deadline.
There's not much known about Kanter since he was ruled ineligible to play at Kentucky by the NCAA. There's even rumors out of Chicago that he didn't look good in his workouts.
NBA Combine News, Notes And A Day 2 Primer - Ridiculous Upside
First, though, some original reporting: One person that was in the gym at Attack Athletics sent a text that USC Trojans big man Nikola Vucevic was more impressive than Enes Kanter during Thursday's morning session. Tough to read too much into these workouts, but it's quite impressive that a player projected as an early second round pick is outperforming an early first round pick.
Here's Ziller's Top 10 picks:
1. Cleveland Cavaliers: Kyrie Irving, PG, Duke
2. Minnesota Timberwolves: Derrick Williams, F, Arizona
3. Utah Jazz: Enes Kanter, C, Turkey
4. Cleveland Cavaliers: Jonas Valanciunas, C, Lithuania
5. Toronto Raptors: Kemba Walker, PG, UConn
6. Washington Wizards: Jan Vesely, F, Czech Republic
7. Sacramento Kings: Brandon Knight, PG, Kentucky
8. Detroit Pistons: Bismack Biyombo, PF, Democratic Republic Of The Congo
9. Charlotte Bobcats: Kawhi Leonard, SF, San Diego State
10. Milwaukee Bucks: Alec Burks, SG, Colorado