I don't know about you, but I'm taking any excuse I can get to stop shaving for awhile. Playoff beard for the Coyotes? Why not!
To make things even better, the Phoenix Coyotes have turned this hockey tradition into a charity fundraiser. Here's the details:
- The top five Beard-A-Thon fundraisers among Coyotes fans will receive a prize.
- The person that raises the most money will receive two glass seats to a Coyotes game during the 2011-12 season while second prize will be a team-signed Coyotes WhiteOut jersey.
- Third prize is two lower bowl tickets to a 2011-12 Coyotes game, fourth prize will be a signed 8x10 photo of Shane Doan and fifth prize is a Derek Morris autographed stick.
- Coyotes Charities is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life throughout Arizona communities by supporting non-profit organizations that promote healthcare, education, cultural arts and sports-related programs for children.
- During 2011 home playoff games, the Coyotes will auction off a variety of WhiteOut-themed memorabilia to benefit Coyotes Charities.
Some of the rules associated with growing a true playoff hockey beard include:
- starting with a clean shave the first day of the playoffs;
- not shaving one's beard at any time during the playoffs;
- trimming only between rounds, never during;
- and doing one's best to raise money for Coyotes Charities.
Are you in? I am.