The No. 11 Arizona Wildcats were impressive against Humboldt State on Wednesday night, cruising to a 108-67 win. It was just an exhibition game against a Division-II school, but there was a lot to like and a few things that'll need to be improved.
- Seven-foot freshman Kaleb Tarczewski, who was a consensus top-10 recruit last year, stole the show with 18 points and 10 rebounds. After looking a bit nervous and lost during the Red-Blue scrimmage two weekends ago, Zeus completely dominated the paint.
- Grant Jerrett continued to show why coach Sean Miller has been so happy with his progress in practice. The 6'10 forward scored from all over the court, including a couple of mid-range and three-point shots. He had a couple of blocks and affected many shots with his long wingspan, as well.
- Mark Lyons had a solid UA debut. The senior point guard was a bit erratic at times when dishing to a teammate or failing to get into good position on the defensive end of the court, but his quickness and scoring ability was on display from the very beginning.
- Kevin Parrom was a bit passive in the first half, but the senior wing really asserted himself in the second. The same can be said for freshman Brandon Ashley. When these two are attacking the basket, good things happen.
- Free throw shooting needs to improve. The team also looked a bit fatigued at times, although that was to be expected with a limited number of practices thus far.