The first few picks of the 2012 NFL Draft came went pretty quickly and there were several moves. The Washington Redskins had already made a trade to move up the the second pick. On draft day, the Cleveland Browns traded to move up one spot from the fourth to the third. Then the Jacksonville Jaguars traded from the eighth pick to the sixth pick. After that, the Dallas Cowboys traded up from the 14th spot to the sixth pick.
The Arizona Cardinals pick at 13, but they are not expected to trade up. They might want to trade down to gain more picks.
Here is how the top of the draft looks now:
- Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
- Washington Redskins (from Rams): Robert Griffin, III, QB, Baylor
- Cleveland Browns (from Vikings): Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
- Minnesota Vikings (from Browns): Matt Kalil, OT, USC
- Jacksonville Jaguars (from Buccaneers): Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
- Dallas Cowboys (from Redskins through Rams): Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Jaguars): Mark Barron, S, Alabama
- Miami Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
- Carolina Panthers: Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
- Buffalo Bills: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina