The Green Bay Packers might as well just go ahead and name the Super Bowl trophy after one of their famous coaches. By the looks of things, they are running away from the field and that's reflected in our NFL Week 6 power rankings.
1. Green Bay Packers (5-0): If you were looking for a team to slow down the Cheese Head Army, the Atlanta Falcons were not it. Going out on a limb here, but we highly doubt the winless St. Louis Rams will provide much of test next week either. Maybe the Chargers or Lions in November? Maybe.
2. New England Patriots (4-1): The Patriots jumped ahead a few spots because they beat the New York Jets and we will always reward teams who beat Rex Ryan. Next up, Dallas. Is the world ready for Tony Romo vs. Tom Brady?
3. New Orleans Saints (4-1): The stole one from Cam Newton and the pesky Carolina Panthers. Normally, we would penalize the Saints for this but we've been impressed with the Panthers for awhile so here they sit.
4. Detroit Lions (4-0): The Lions eat the Bears (as expected) which sets up a surprisingly interesting game next week against the surprising San Francisco 49ers. That should be fun!??!
5. Baltimore Ravens (3-1): The Ravens had a bye week so we are taking the week off from writing about them. See you next week after they beat the Texans.
6. San Diego Chargers (4-1): The Chargers aren't looking pretty but they keep coming away with wins which is more than we can say for a lot of teams. On the plus side, they helped Tim Tebow get off to a good start which should be worth some laughs down the road.
7. Buffalo Bills (4-1): So Buffalo, time to test your mettle in New York. Oh, that's right the G-Men got punked at home by Seattle. Have fun, Bills fans!
8. Pittsburgh Steelers (3-2): The Steelers are back, baby! Woohooo! We beat Matt Haseelbeck!!! Yippie!!! And go ahead and pencil wins against Jacksonville and Arizona before it gets serious with a big revenge game against the Ravens on November 6. #Drama
9. San Francisco 49ers (4-1): Are the 49ers for real? Real enough...for now.
10. Washington Redskins (3-1): Another bye week team who benefited from not having the opportunity to lose. In other words, the Skins are the best of many bad options for the tenth spot.
Follow @sbnarizona on Twitter | Like SB Nation Arizona on Facebook
We're not going to bother with power rankings for the rest of the NFL. If your team isn't in the top ten, do you really care if they are 13th or 16th? For those hometown fans that want to know, we'll put the Cardinals at 27th (or 28th...or 26th). There's a lot of poop out there in the NFL. We're hoping at some point teams will start to improve but so far, few have.