There are plenty of events to watch as we head to the end point of the first week of action in the 2012 Summer Olympics. It's hard to see anyone turning down what figures to be the big highlight in the men's 200 meter individual medley. Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte will be the two favorites in this contest, and their duel has been one of the most anticipated events leading up to these games.
Other events are going on too though. The women's all-around individual event will be taking place and the United States probably has two of the favorites in Aly Raisman and Gabby Douglas. There will be a men's basketball matchup between the United States and Nigeria. There will be the women's 200 meter breaststroke and 100 meter freestyle plus the men's 200m backstroke finals as well happening in the pool. A lot will be on the line tomorrow.
Here's the schedule for Thursday's events (ET, although the NBC events will be televised on both coasts at the same times). All events will be streamed live online at NBCOlympics.com.
4 a.m. - 8 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Men's Basketball: France vs. Lithuania (4 a.m.), Brazil vs. Russia (11:30 a.m.)
- Women's Field Hockey: USA vs. Australia (5:45 a.m.), China vs. Netherlands (8:45 a.m.)
- Men's Volleyball: Serbia vs. Germany (7:15 a.m.)
- Beach Volleyball: Qualifying (10:30 a.m.)
- Men's Table Tennis: Semifinals (1:30 p.m.)
- Women's Archery: Individual Gold Medal Final (2:20 p.m.)
- Men's Boxing: Round of 16 Bouts (Lightweight and Middleweight Classes, 3 p.m.)
- Men's Shooting: Double Trap Gold Medal Final (4:45 p.m.)
- Men's Basketball: USA vs. Nigeria (5:15 p.m.)
7 a.m. - 3 p.m. (Bravo)
- Singles Quarterfinals, Mixed Doubles Quarterfinals, Doubles Semifinals
9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MSNBC)
- Men's Water Polo: Montenegro vs. Serbia (9 a.m.), Romania vs. Hungary (10:30 a.m.)
- Men's Volleyball: Poland vs. Argentina (11:45 a.m.)
- Equestrian: Dressage Qualifying (1:30 p.m.)
- Men's Handball: Serbia vs. Denmark (2:30 p.m.), Sweden vs. Iceland (5 p.m.)
- Badminton: Semifinals (4 p.m.)
- Women's Judo: 78 kg Gold Medal Final (4:30 p.m.)
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (NBC)
- Swimming: Qualifying (10 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 12:30 p.m.)
- Canoeing: Whitewater, Men's C-2 Gold Medal Final (10:15 a.m.)
- Beach Volleyball: Qualifying (11:30 a.m.)
- Cycling: Track Gold Medal Finals (12:45 p.m.)
- Men's Water Polo: USA vs. Great Britain (1:20 p.m.)
- Rowing: Gold Medal Finals (2:20 p.m.)
- Men's Volleyball: USA vs. Brazil (3 p.m.)
5 - 8 p.m. (CNBC)
- Boxing: Round of 16 Bouts (lightweight and middleweight classes)
8 p.m. - Midnight (NBC)
- Swimming: Gold Medal Finals (Women's 200m breaststroke, 100m freestyle; Men's 200m backstroke, 200m individual medley)
- Beach Volleyball: Qualifying
- Women's Rowing: Eights Gold Medal Final
12:35 - 1:35 a.m. (NBC)
- Women's Canoeing: Whitewater, K-1 Gold Medal Final
- Table Tennis: Men's Singles Gold Medal Final
Check out SI's complete medal tracker here.
Stick with this StoryStream for more coverage of local athletes at the 2012 Olympic Games. For more on the 2012 Olympic Games, make sure that you check out SB Nation's dedicated Olympics hub.