Caitlin Leverenz hopes to shock the world by upsetting the Chinese upstart Ye Shiwen. Leverenz is in a good spot to contend for a medal (finishing 3rd in the heats and semifinals), but it'll be tough for her to win gold. Can the Tucson product make it happen?
Andre Iguodala and James Harden will be two of the big Arizona faces in action, as both collegiate products from the University of Arizona and Arizona State respectively will be competing for the United States men's basketball team against Tunisia. Amy LePeilbet will also be competing for the United States women's soccer team against North Korea.
You should be able to watch live coverage of every Olympic event streamed online at NBCOlympics.com.
Here is your TV coverage of Tuesday's events. All times below are ET, so convert them to Pacific as needed (except for the NBC telecasts, which are at the same time on all coasts).
4 a.m. - 8 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Men's Basketball: China vs. Russia (4 a.m.), France vs. Argentina (3 p.m.) , USA vs. Tunisia (5:15 p.m.)
- Equestrian: Eventing Team Jumping Final (6 a.m.), Eventing Individual Jumping Finals (9:15 a.m.)
- Men's Water Polo: Hungary vs. Montenegro (8:15 a.m.)
- Women's Soccer: USA vs. North Korea (12:15 p.m.)
- Beach Volleyball: Qualifying (2 p.m.)
- Men's Shooting: Skeet Gold Medal Final (4:45 p.m.)
7 a.m. - 3 p.m. (Bravo)
- Tennis: Second Round Singles and Doubles Quarterfinals
9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MSNBC)
- Women's Table Tennis: Quarterfinal (9 a.m.)
- Women's Soccer: Canada vs. Sweden (9:30 a.m.), France vs. Columbia (12:15 p.m.), Great Britain vs. Brazil (3:30 p.m.)
- Badminton: Qualifying (11:15 a.m.)
- Women's Field Hockey: USA vs. Argentina (2 p.m.)
- Women's Table Tennis: Semifinal (4:30 p.m.)
- Men's Archery: Individual Elimination Round (5 p.m.)
- Weightlifting: Men's 69 kg, Women's 63 kg Classes (5:30 p.m.)
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (NBC)
- Men's Canoeing: Whitewater, C-1 Gold Medal Final (10 a.m.)
- Swimming: Qualifying (10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m.)
- Rowing: Quarterfinals, semifinals, and repechages (11:15 a.m., 2 p.m.)
- Men's Volleyball: USA vs. Germany (11:45 a.m.)
- Men's Water Polo: USA vs. Romania (2:30 p.m.)
- Beach Volleyball: Qualifying (4 p.m.)
5 - 8 p.m. (CNBC)
- Boxing: Elimination Bouts (light flyweight and light welterweight classes)
8 p.m. - Midnight (NBC)
- Women's Gymnastics: Team Gold Medal Final
- Swimming: Gold Medal Finals (Men's 200m butterfly, 4x200m freestyle relay; Women's 200m freestyle, 200m individual medley)
- Women's Diving: Platform Synchronized Gold Medal Final
12:30 - 1:35 a.m. (NBC)
- Swimming: Semifinals (Women's 200m butterfly, Men's 200m breaststroke)
- Beach Volleyball: USA vs. TBD
Stick with this StoryStream for more coverage of local athletes at the 2012 Olympic Games. For more on the 2012 Olympic Games, make sure that you check out SB Nation's dedicated Olympics hub.