The field for the 2012 Belmont Stakes is now wide open after I'll Have Another was scratched on Friday, but that does not mean we will not have a great day of racing on Saturday. There are still quite a few horses capable of putting on a show and will be favored more than others by the odds makers, although it appears that anyone could pull the upset at the final leg of the Triple Crown.
With the afore mentioned I'll Have Another no longer running today, Dullahan (5-1 odds) and Union Rags (6-1 odds) have become the two favorites for the race. Here are the latest odds for the Belmont Stakes:
1. Street Life (Jose Lezcano, 12-1)
2. Unstoppable U (Junior Alvarado, 30-1)
3. Union Rags (John Velazquez, 6-1)
4. Atigun (Julien Leparoux, 30-1)
5. Dullahan (Javier Castellano, 5-1)
6. Ravelo's Boy (Alex Solis, 50-1)
7. Five Sixteen (Rosie Napravnik, 50-1)
8. Guyana Star Dweej (Kent Desormeaux, 50-1)
9. Paynter (Mike Smith, 8-1)
10. Optimizer (Corey Nakatani, 20-1)
I'll Have Another (Mario Gutierrez, 4-5) SCRATCHED
11. My Adonis (Ramon Dominguez, 20-1)
The post time for the Belmont Stakes is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. MST.
For more in depth discussion, analysis, and predictions for the Belmont Stakes and all of horse racing in general, make sure to check out SB Nation's hopelessly devouted horse racing blog, And Down The Stretch They Come.