My first thought with the Houston Texans was to go with a wide receiver here. Stephen Hill and Rueben Randle, both potential first round picks are still on the board. At this point there is just too much depth at that position and it can be addressed later in the draft.
Houston lost an important part of their offense in back-up tight end Joel Dressen. Dressen was a versatile blocking TE, but also could help in the pass game. His importance was increased because Owen Daniels only played 19 games total in 2009 and 2010 combined. The #1 tight end Coby Fleener from Stanford is still on the board and he can't be passed up on at this point in the draft.
Fleener gives Matt Schaub another option in the pass game and takes pressure off Andre Johnson. The Texans follow the Patriots blueprint with two dangerous pass catching tight ends that can give you fits.
The New England Patriots are now on the clock. Jess Root will make the selection.
13. Arizona Cardinals: Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
19. Chicago Bears: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
21. Cincinnati Bengals: David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
22. Cleveland Browns: Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama