The Phoenix Suns (32-30) began their playoffs a few weeks ago and so far, they've done pretty well. The team is 7-4 in the month of April but the hole they dug early in the season was deep and the schedule certainly favors their main playoff rival, the Utah Jazz.
With just four games left on the schedule, the Suns are half-game back of the Jazz (33-30) with a pivotal game in Utah on Tuesday. There's no question the Suns will need to win that game, especially considering the Jazz other opponents are the beat up Magic and the tanking Trail Blazers -- all at home.
Assuming the Suns beat the Jazz on Tuesday (they are 2-0 against them so far this season), Phoenix can still afford to lose one of their other three games and get into the playoffs by virtue of tie-breakers against the Jazz and Rockets.
On the other hand, if the Suns can win all four of their final games, they are in for sure. Can they go 4-0 while beating the Clippers, Nuggets, Jazz and Spurs? It's a tall task and it starts (continues) on Thursday night at home against Chris Paul and Blake Griffin.
- Point guard: Steve Nash --- Chris Paul
- Shooting guard: Shannon Brown -- Randy Foye
- Small forward: Jared Dudley -- Caron Butler
- Power forward: Channing Frye -- Blake Griffin
- Center: Marcin Gortat -- DeAndre Jordan
- Key subs: Suns (Sebastian Telfair, Robin Lopez, Michael Redd). Clippers (Nick Young, Kenyon Martin, Mo Williams, Eric Bledsoe)
The Suns game tips off at 7:30 p.m. Arizona time and will be televised on TNT. You can catch the radio broadcast on Arizona Sports 620. Bright Side of the Sun will have the live game thread.
For all news and information regarding the Phoenix Suns, please visit Bright Side of the Sun.