With the 20th overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
The Titans are a team built around the idea a strong and stingy defense, but they recently lost their best and most accomplished defender when cornerback Cortland Finnegan signed with the St. Louis Rams. This leaves a major void that the team should address in Round One.
With their pick, the take Gilmore, a very gifted and physical player that should be able to step into the starting lineup right away. He has excellent size at 6'0" and 190 pounds to complement very good speed and excellent coverage abilities that were forged in the fires of SEC football.
Despite being the third cornerback taken, Gilmore has Pro Bowl-caliber potential and should provide a lift to last year's 18th ranked defense.
The Cincinnati Bengals are now on the clock. Ryan Bafaloukos will make the pick
1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Washington Redskins: Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT, USC
4. Cleveland Browns: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
6. St. Louis Rams: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
8. Miami Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
9. Carolina Panthers: Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
10. Buffalo Bills: Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
11. Kansas City Chiefs: Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi
12. Seattle Seahawks: Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina
13. Arizona Cardinals: Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
14. Dallas Cowboys: Mark Barron, S, Alabama
15. Philadelphia Eagles: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
16. New York Jets: Andre Branch, DE, Clemson
17. Cincinnati Bengals: Michael Floyd, WR, Note Dame
18. San Diego Chargers: Cordy Glenn, OL, Georgia
19. Chicago Bears: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State