Even people who have never watched a minute of professional wrestling in their lives are familiar with the term "WrestleMania." The 28th edition of pro wrestling's own personal Super Bowl takes place in Miami on Sunday. The star-studded card is loaded with several matches that could all be main events in their own right.
At the top of the card and on all of the posters is the biggest marquee matchup in years, as John Cena squares off against The Rock, who returns to action at a WrestleMania for the first time in eight years. Also potentially making a return for the first time since WrestleMania 20 is former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar, who is rumored to be in Miami for the event.
Another huge match will be the Hell in a Cell rematch between the Undertaker and Triple H, with special guest referee Shawn Michaels. The Undertaker will put his 19-0 winning streak at WrestleMania on the line as the two icons do battle one last time.
The pre-show will feature a triple-threat match for the WWE Tag Team titles and will stream live on both WWE.com and YouTube. That pre-show begins at 3:30 p.m. PT.
The main WrestleMania show will begin at 4:00 p.m. PT and is only on pay-per-view. If you order the event, however, you get bonus content including video recap packages and a countdown that begins at 2:00 p.m. PT.
Here is the full card for the big event.
- WWE Tag Team Championship: Primo & Epico (c) vs. Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd vs. the Usos (Pre-Show)
- Kelly Kelly & Maria Menounos vs. Beth Phoenix & Eve
- Randy Orton vs. Kane
- Team Johnny vs. Team Teddy: David Otunga, Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre, The Miz vs. Santino Marella, R-Truth, Booker T, Zack Ryder, the Great Khali, Kofi Kingston
- Intercontinental Championship: Cody Rhodes (c) vs. the Big Show
- World Heavyweight Championship: Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Sheamus
- WWE Championship: CM Punk (c) vs. Chris Jericho
- Hell in a Cell Match: Undertaker vs. Triple H (special guest referee Shawn Michaels)
- John Cena vs. The Rock
For all news and information regarding the wonderful world of professional wrestling, please visit Cageside Seats.