Now that UFC on FUEL TV 1 is over, we look foreword to future UFC events. There are five fights that I would make if I was Joe Silva (UFC Matchmaker).
1. Carlos Condit vs. Jake Ellenberger: I know that the UFC came out and said this week that Condit will wait for Georges St-Pierre. That is probably the right move seeing has Condit was supposed to face St-Pierre in the fall, when an injury forced GSP off the card, Condit was replaced by Nick Diaz. If Condit fights again before St-Pierre, it should be against Ellenberger. I know Condit beat Ellenberger in 2009, but it was a split decision loss and Ellenberger has been on a tear since, going 6-0 with four knockout victories. Ellenberger has beaten two top ten welterweights in Jake Shields and Diego Sanchez and has proven that he belongs with the best in the welterweight division.
2. Stefan Struve vs. Winner of Cheick Kongo/Mark Hunt: Struve was very impressive at UFC on FUEL TV 1, getting his second straight victory. Struve has now won four of his last five fights and has finished all of those victories. Struve is 7-3 in the UFC despite only being 23-years-old. Kongo and Hunt battle at UFC 144, both of those fighters are ridding winning streaks and the winner of that fight should meet Struve in a fight that will elevate the winner into the upper tier of UFC heavyweights.
3. T.J. Dillashaw vs. Alex Caceres: Dillashaw picked up his first UFC win with an impressive unanimous decision victory at UFC on FUEL TV 1. Dillashaw did not lose a round and looks to continue his climb up the UFC bantamweight ranks. Caceres looks like the perfect guy to do that against. Caceres is 1-3 in the UFC including two submission losses. Caceres has a good style matcup for Dillashaw, it could also serve Dillashaw well to face a guy who is fighting for his job like Caceres may be doing.
4. Jonathan Brookins vs. Mike Brown: Brookins had an impressive knockout victory at UFC on FUEL TV 1, improving his record to 2-1 inside the UFC. Brookins' only loss in the promotion came by decision against Eric Koch. Brown got his UFC career back on track with a win over Nam Phan in August of 2011. Brown is a veteren with 33 career fights and should test Brookins.
5. Aaron Simpson vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller: Simpson snapped a three fight winning streak against Ronny Markes at UFC on FUEL TV 1. In his UFC career, Simpson has proved he can defeat guys he should, but when he steps up in competition, he falters. Miller had one of the most disappointing UFC debuts in recent memory, getting dismantled by Michael Bisping in December. A win against Simpson can get his UFC career on track. If Simpson defeats Miller, he finally gets a victory over a big name opponent.