Jim Miller (21-3) got back in the win column at the inaugural UFC on FX event last Saturday night in Nashville, Tennessee. Miller was able to whether an early storm from opponent Melvin Guillard (46-11-3), who came out firing with flying knees.
Miller was able to take the back of Guillard during a scramble and locked in a rear-naked choke at the 2:04 mark of the first round. Miller gets back in the win column after losing to Ben Henderson in August of 2011 and many believe he is back in title contention at 155-pounds.
Josh Neer defeated Duane Ludwig by first round technical submission in the co-main event of the evening. Ludwig came out agressive early in the fight but Neer was able to withstand everything Ludwig threw at him, including multiple knees to the body. Coming out of a scramble Ludwig left his neck out and Neer was able lock in a guillotine choke that put Ludwig to sleep.
"Fight of the Night" was awarded to Pat Barry and Christian Morecraft. "Submission of the Night" went to Jim Miller and "Knockout of the Night" was awarded to Nick Denis, who stopped Joseph Sandoval in 22 seconds in his UFC debut.
UFC on FX 1: Guillard vs. Miller took place at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee. The announced attendance was 7,728 with a live gate of $334, 860.
Full results listed below.
- Jim Miller def. Melvin Guillard via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1, 2:04
- Josh Neer def. Duane Ludwig via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 1, 3:04
- Mike Easton def. Jared Papazian via majority decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-29)
- Pat Barry def. Christian Morecraft via knockout (punches) - Round 1, 3:38
- Jorge Rivera def. Eric Schafer via TKO (punches) - Round 2, 1:31
- Khabib Nurmagomedov def. Kamal Shalorus via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 3, 2:08
- Charlie Brenneman def. Daniel Roberts via unanimous decision (30-27, 20-27, 29-28)
- Fabricio Camoes def. Tommy Hayden via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1, 4:03
- Daniel Pineda def. Pat Schilling via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1, 1:37
- Nick Denis def. Joseph Sandoval via knockout (elbows) - Round 1, 0:22