The 2011 French Open Finals between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal is a tennis match not to be missed. The action is being broadcast live in NBC TV in brilliant HD and is streaming live online at NBCSports.com. The match begins at 9:00 a.m. ET / 6:00 PT. For timely updates as the match progresses, visit our French Open StoryStream.
Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer have a long history. Both have spent significant time as the world's number one men's singles tennis player with Roger dominating that spot 2006, 07, and 09 and Nadal on top in 2008, 10, and 11. Roger is a career 771-181 (.810) and Rafa is 508-107 (.826).
- Since their first match in 2004, Federer and Nadal have played 25 times with Nadal holding a commanding 17-8 record in head-to-head meetings.
- On clay, Nadal is 11-2. They've meet in the finals of a tournament an amazing 19 times with Nadal winning 13 of those. They last faced each other in the semifinals at Madrid on clay this year. Rafa won 5-7, 6-1, 6-3.
- Roger and Rafa last met at Roland Garros in 2008 in the French Open Finals. Nadal won easily, 6-1, 6-3, 6-0.
- The two have battled for the championship at seven majors with Nadal winning five, including three at the French Open.
- Federer beat Nadal twice in the finals at Wimbledon and Nadal won the Australian Open and took the 2008 Wimbledon from Roger.
Don't miss any of this great tennis action at the 2011 French Open.
The Nadal vs. Federer match starts at 9:00 a.m. ET / 6:00 a.m. PT and is broadcast live on NBC TV in HD and will be streaming live online at NBCSports.com.