The Arizona State Sun Devils baseball team will face the Texas Longhorns in a NCAA Super Regional match up in Austin, TX this weekend. The best of three series starts Friday. ASU is ranked eighth in the nation with a 39-16 record while Texas is ranked 12th with a 43-15 performance. The winner will advance to the College World Series in Omaha as one of eight teams in that tournament.
Game 1 of the series starts at 4:00 p.m. PT with ESPN providing TV coverage and The Fan 1060 AM handling the radio side.
Game 2 is Saturday at the same time and with the same broadcast coverage and Game 3, if needed, will also start at 4:00 p.m. PT with ESPN 2 handling the TV. All three games will be played at UFCU Disch-Falk Field in Austin, TX. Carter Blackburn will handle the play-by-play while former All-Star shortstop Nomar Garciaparra will be the analyst for ESPN.
The ASU baseball team had nine players drafted in this weeks MLB First-Year Player Draft.
- Riccio Torrez, 4th Round, Tampa Bay Rays
- Johnny Ruettiger, 8th Round, Baltimore Orioles
- Austin Barnes, 9th Round, Florida Marlins
- Zack MacPhee, 13th Round, Cleveland Indians
- Xorge Carrillo, 14th Round, New Yok Mets
- Mitchell Lambson, 19th Round, Houston Astros
- Brandon Magee, 21st Round, Oakland A's
- Zach Wilson, 21st Round, New York Yankees
- Kyle Ottoson, 24th Round, Washington National
- Kramer Champlin, 33rd Round, Toronto Blue Jays
- Andy Workman, 34th Round, Los Angeles Angels