This week in our NFL Fantasy Football preview we are going to look specifically at Week 11 after doing a big picture column last week. Here are my predictions for three players that will have huge games and three players that will be a disappointment.
- Miami Dolphins Wide Receiver Brandon Marshall- The enigmatic yet talented Fins WR finally started to find his groove with quarterback Matt Moore. The last two weeks Marshall has 15 catches for 204 yards and a touchdown. This week the Dolphins host the struggling Buffalo Bills. The Bills have struggled the last two weeks guarding wide receivers with size giving up five catches for 79 yards to Plaxico Buress and six catches for 74 yards with a touchdown to Dez Bryant. I expect a huge week for Marshall.
- New England Patriots and Jacksonville Jaguars Defense- Hopefully you didn't waste your time picking a real defense early in a draft and rotate based on match ups on a weekly basis. Two defenses that should be available for you to use this week are the Patriots and Jaguars. This is an easy way to take advantage of poor quarterbacks. Yes, I know how bad the New England defense has been, but Tyler Palko is the starting QB Monday night for the Kansas City Chiefs. The Jaguars defense has actually been solid all year and gets to go up against the Cleveland Browns with Colt McCoy and his pathetic cast of offensive weapons. Snag them up.
- Chicago Bears Quarterback Jay Cutler- Jay Cutler has not had a great statistical year, but if you have watched him play you know that Cutler has been very good. This week could be a chance for him to break out with some big numbers going up against a Chargers defense that has given up 17 touchdown passes, tied for third most in the NFL. During San Diego's four game losing streak they have allowed two or more passing touchdowns in three of the four games.
- Tennessee Titans Running Back Chris Johnson- Don't fall for Johnson having a huge week in the Titans 30-3 win over the Carolina Panthers. Johnson ran for 130 yards on 27 carries, had 44 receiving yards, and a touchdown. CJ2K's TD came late in the fourth quarter when the game was already out of reach and he had 61 yards going into the fourth quarter. The Atlanta Falcons give up 90 rush yards per game, good for third best in the NFL. Chris Johnson goes right back to struggling this week.
- St. Louis Rams Running Back Steven Jackson- The Seattle Seahawks have only allowed one running back this season to hit the 100 yard mark, Dallas Cowboys RB DeMarco Murray. Jackson has put together three straight 100 plus yard games, but those came against the New Orleans Saints, Arizona Cardinals, and Cleveland Browns. The best ranked run defense out of those three are the Saints at 19th in the NFL. I expect S-Jax to come back down to earth this week.
- Denver Broncos Quarterback Tim Tebow- While Tebow's passing statistics aren't always pretty between his passing and rushing he is an above average fantasy football quarterback. Not this week when he goes up against the New York Jets. With the Jets ability to cover wide receivers on the outside one on one they can put all their concentration on the Broncos running game, mainly Tebow because of injuries to running backs Willis McGahee and Knowshown Moreno. This will be an ugly week for Tebow.