The Phoenix Suns (30-27) being a three-game stretch against Western Conference playoff teams that very will could decide the fate of their season. After a nice warm up win in Minnesota, the Suns traveled to Memphis where they will face the hot Grizzlies (33-23) on Wednesday night.
The Grizzlies are healthy now with Zach Randolph back on the court and they've won eight of their last 10 games. They present a difficult challenge of any team with their combination of size and skill up front, shooting and slashing on the wings and an aggressive defense that forces turnovers.
The Suns are riding a 5-1 stretch and playing with great confidence thanks in large part to bench guys like Shannon Brown (now filling in for Grant Hill as a starters) and Sebastian Telfair, Michael Redd and Robin Lopez. The entire team will need to step up big to get a win over the Grizzlies on the road.
- Point guard: Steve Nash --- Mike Conley
- Shooting guard: Shannon Brown -- Quincy Pondexter
- Small forward: Jared Dudley -- Rudy Gay
- Power forward: Channing Frye -- Marreese Speights
- Center: Marcin Gortat -- Marc Gasol
- Key subs: Suns (Sebastian Telfair, Robin Lopez, Michael Redd). Grizzlies (Zach Randolph, O.J. Mayo, Gilbert Arenas)
TV broadcast info:
The Suns game tips off at 5:00 p.m. Arizona time on Fox Sports Arizona and Arizona Sports 620 radio. Bright Side of the Sun will have the live game thread.