The Phoenix Suns kicked off the second half of their season with a nice little win over the Timberwolves. The schedule favored the home team with the Suns resting and practicing for two days while the Wolves had two straight games before traveling to Phoenix for the their third in three nights.
Now things get more serious with the Los Angeles Clippers coming in on Friday night for a national TV tilt. Both the Suns and Clippers are playing with no rest and while the Clips did have to travel from Sacramento (they beat the Kings), they are the far younger team.
This game should be yet another test for the Suns. If they have any hopes of turning around their season and making the playoffs, this is the kind of game, at home, that they will need to win. Based on their performance so far this season, it's hard to be too optimistic about that result. But if nothing else, this game should be fun with Lob City in town.
- Point guard: Steve Nash --- Chris Paul
- Shooting guard: Jared Dudley -- Randy Foye
- Small forward: Grant Hill -- Caron Butler
- Power forward: Channing Frye -- Blake Griffin
- Center: Marcin Gortat -- DeAndre Jordan
- Key subs: Suns (Markieff Morris, Shannon Brown, Sebastian Telfair, Robin Lopez). Clippers (Mo Williams, Bobby Simmons, Kenyon Martin, Reggie Evans, Eric Beldsoe)
TV broadcast info:
The Suns game tips off at 7:00 p.m. Arizona time on Fox Sports Arizona and ESPN. Arizona Sports 620 radio. Bright Side of the Sun will have the live game thread.