Mar. 14, 2012; Phoenix, AZ, USA; Phoenix Suns guard Steve Nash (13) is high fived while playing against the Utah Jazz during the first half at the US Airways Center. Mandatory Credit: Jennifer Stewart-US PRESSWIRE.
The Suns look to finish off their three-game stretch with a third win that would put that back at .500. Who knew?
The Phoenix Suns (21-22) can achieve mythical status as a .500 team for the first time since they were 4-4 on January 8 if they can only get over the hump known as the Detroit Pistons (16-27). Coming off their best win of the season against the Clippers without Steve Nash and Grant Hill on Thursday, the team previously given up for dead is poised to win their third straight game with rested captains back in the line up.
The Pistons are something of a mystery. Actually, there's not much mystery -- they are just bad despite a few talented players led by second-year center Greg Monroe and rookie point guard Brandon Knight.
- Point guard: Steve Nash --- Brandon Knight
- Shooting guard: Jared Dudley -- Rodney Stuckey
- Small forward: Grant Hill -- Tayshaun Prince
- Power forward: Channing Frye -- Jason Maxiell
- Center: Marcin Gortat -- Greg Monroe
- Key subs: Suns (Shannon Brown, Sebastian Telfair, Robin Lopez, Hakim Warrick). Pistons (Ben Gordon, Jonas Jerebko, Damien Wilkins, Ben Wallace).
TV broadcast info:
The Suns game tips off at 7:00 p.m. Arizona time on Fox Sports Arizona and Arizona Sports 620 radio. Bright Side of the Sun will have the live game thread.