The Suns play their third game in three nights on Wednesday at home against the Atlanta Hawks. At least Steve Nash and Grant Hill got the night off in Denver on Tuesday.
The Phoenix Suns (12-17) were on a little run there until they disappointed themselves by dropping a game they thought they should have won in Oakland and get scheduled out of a chance to compete in Denver. Now the the meat of the 66-game condensed schedule comes home to roost with the fourth game in five nights on Wednesday against the Atlanta Hawks (18-11).
If fans are tired of watching the Suns, imagine how tired they are of playing so many games in such a short period of time? The good news, the schedule is about to lighten up with just three road games in the next 16 with a nice juicy seven-day break coming next week for the All-Star Game.
The Suns should be a bit more rested Wednesday with Grant Hill and Steve Nash taking the night off in Denver. That will certainly help. The rest of the guys, however, will be gassed and it's not like the Suns have played well at home anyway.
Atlanta lost to the Lakers in Los Angeles on Tuesday and hasn't won in Phoenix in their last four tries.
- Point guard: Steve Nash --- Jeff Teague
- Shooting guard: Jared Dudley -- Joe Johnson
- Small forward: Grant Hill -- Marvin Williams
- Power forward: Channing Frye -- Josh Smith
- Center: Marcin Gortat -- Zaza Pachulia
- Key subs: Suns (Markieff Morris, Michael Redd, Ronnie Price, Shannon Brown,Hakim Warrick). Hawks (Vladimir Radmanovic, Tracy McGrady, Kirk Hinrich, Erick Dampier, Willie Green)
TV broadcast info:
The Suns game tips off at 7:00 p.m. Arizona time on Fox Sports Arizona. Arizona Sports 620 radio. Bright Side of the Sun will have the live game thread.