The Phoenix Suns (12-16) get to climb right back on the saddle on Tuesday after a night filled with a disappointing loss to the Warriors, followed by a late night flight from the coast to the high mountain air of Denver, Colorado. Waiting patiently are a banged up Nuggets (16-12) team who played their last game Saturday.
Here's an update on the sorry state of the Nuggets health:
Suns Vs. Nuggets: Shorthanded Denver Team Tries For First Winning Streak Since January - SB Nation Denver
Nene (calf) and Timofey Mozgoz (ankle) are not expected to play on Tuesday, while Danilo Gallinari (ankle) is out, so it will be up to Ty Lawson, Al Harrington and Andre Miller to carry the load.
For the Suns, Steve Nash and Grant Hill played 35 and 34 minutes respectively last night and have a game scheduled at home on Wednesday against Atlanta. No word has come down from the mountains but it's certainly possible that Nash and Hill will be given the night off.
No matter who suits up for the Suns, the combination of the Rocky Mountain air and the schedule dis-fortune will leave the boys fighting their lungs and legs.
- Point guard: Steve Nash (?) --- Ty Lawson
- Shooting guard: Jared Dudley -- Arron Afflalo
- Small forward: Grant Hill (?) -- Corey Brewer
- Power forward: Channing Frye -- Kenneth Faried
- Center: Marcin Gortat -- Kosta Koufos
- Key subs: Suns (Markieff Morris, Michael Redd, Ronnie Price, Shannon Brown,Hakim Warrick). Nuggets (Andre Miller, Rudy Fernandez, Al Harrington)
TV broadcast info:
The Suns game tips off at 7:00 p.m. Arizona time on Fox Sports Arizona. Arizona Sports 620 radio. Bright Side of the Sun will have the live game thread.