The Phoenix Suns look to extend their one-game winning streak on Monday night at home against Dirk and the Dallas Mavericks.
The Phoenix Suns (7-12) gutted out an ugly win over Memphis on Saturday but it took Steve Nash putting up 21 points in 31 minutes on the second of a back-to-back and Jared Dudley and Marcin Gortat playing over 40 minutes each. Alvin Gentry continues to fuss with his lineups as he seeks the right combinations of under-talented players.
The Dallas Mavericks are in town Monday night to put the one-game winning streak to the test. The Suns have lost twice in Dallas and will close out their season series at home with a reasonable chance at a win thanks to a little help from the Spurs who pushed Dallas to an overtime game on Sunday.
Steve Nash is questionable for Monday's game due to a thigh bruise suffered on the last play of Saturday's game.
Jason Kidd missed Sunday's game with a calf strain. His status for Monday is unknown at this time. Dirk returned from his four game conditioning hiatus.
- Point guard: Steve Nash (?) --- Rodrigue Beaubois (?)
- Shooting guard: Jared Dudley -- Vince Carter
- Small forward: Grant Hill -- Shawn Marion
- Power forward: Channing Frye -- Dirk Nowitzki
- Center: Marcin Gortat -- Brendan Haywood
- Key subs: Suns (Markieff Morris, Ronnie Price, Shannon Brown, Hakim Warrick). Mavs (Jason Terry, Ian Mahinmi, Lamar Odom, Delonte West)
TV broadcast info:
The Suns game tips off at 7:00 p.m. Arizona time on Fox Sports Arizona. Arizona Sports 620 radio. Bright Side of the Sun will have the live game thread.