The Phoenix Suns (6-10) had a chance to come home with a victorious winning record from their grueling five-game road trip through Texas, Chicago, New York, Boston and Texas. Instead, Shawn Marion went off from the three-point line while Jared Dudley (.326) and Channing Frye (.328) continued their sub-par shooting ways.
The Suns now return to the scene of their two worst crimes of the season -- losses to the New Jersey Nets (5-13) and Cleveland Cavaliers (6-9) -- and will try desperately to avoid further embarrassment in front of the 20th largest (on average) crowd in the league.
Tuesday night's victim (or criminal) will be the mighty Toronto Raptors (4-13) featuring the return of the ever-smiling Leandro Barbosa. LB is on the final year of the five-year, $33m contract he was given by Mike D'Antoni in 2006.
Also, 19 turnovers like the Suns had in Dallas won't get it done.
Oh, and remember the Suns going 1-3 against teams missing one of their stars? That record could be put to the test again as Andrea Bargnani (calf strain) has missed the last five games and is officially a game-time decision.
- Point guard: Steve Nash -- Jose Calderon
- Shooting guard: Ronnie Price -- DeMar DeRozan
- Small forward: Grant Hill -- James Johnson
- Power forward: Markieff Morris -- Ed Davis or Andrea Bargnani
- Center: Marcin Gortat -- Amir Johnson
- Key subs: Suns (Channing Frye, Shannon Brown, Michael Redd, Jared Dudley,Robin Lopez). Raptors (Leandro Barbosa, Jerryd Bayless, Linas Kleiza, Rasual Butler)
TV Broadcast info:
The game tips at 7:00 p.m. Arizona time on Fox Sports Arizona and on the radio at Arizona Sports 620. Live game thread will be available at Bright Side of the Sun.