The Phoenix Suns are back at home for their third game of the season. They face the Golden State Warriors in a rare mid-day game on a Monday. The Warriors are 2-2 on the new season while the Suns are 1-3 and looking for their first home win.
Phoenix is coming off a two game road trip that saw them beat the New Orleans Hornets (without Eric Gordon) on Friday before getting blown out by the Oklahoma City Thunder on New Year's Eve. Steve Nash is reportedly playing with bruised ribs which is impacting his shot. He's just 12-39 (.308) on the season.
The Golden State Warriors are coming off a 107-79 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday. They played that game without Monta Ellis who was absent due to a family funeral. Ellis is expected to play on Monday in Phoenix.
Projected starting lineups:
- Point guard: Steve Nash -- Stephen Curry
- Shooting guard: Monta Ellis -- Jared Dudley
- Small forward: Grant Hill -- Dorell Wright
- Power forward: Channing Frye -- David Lee
- Center: Marcin Gortat -- Andris Biedrins
- Key subs: Suns ( Robin Lopez, Markieff Morris, Hakim Warrick, Ronnie Price) Warriors (Ish Smith, Ekpe Udoh, Brandon Rush, Kwame Brown)
Key Match ups:
Last season, Grant Hill had tremendous success using his length and quickness to defend Monta Ellis. While the Suns want to play more conventional defensive match ups, we would expect Hill to get time on Ellis and Dudley on Wright. On the flip side, look for the Suns to make Ellis try and defend either Hill or Dudley in the post where he will be at a severe size disadvantage.
The game tips at 1:30 p.m. Arizona time with TV broadcast on Fox Sports Arizona and radio broadcast on Arizona Sports 620. Bright Side of the Sun will have a live game thread.