Tonight is a huge game for the Arizona St. Sun Devils football program. The annual battle with the USC Trojans ranks right up there with the Territorial Cup game against the Arizona Wildcats. Here's some quick hits for ASU fans to consider before the game.
- USC has defeated the Sun Devils 11 straight times, dating back to 1999. The last ASU victory over the Trojans came on November 7, 1999.
- Arizona State won a share of the Pac-10 title in 2007, as they tied with USC for the best conference record. Since the Trojans defeated ASU that year, USC went to the Rose Bowl while the Sun Devils settled for the Holiday Bowl.
- Matt Barkley said that Vontaze Burfict is a 'dirty player.' Does USC's starting quarterback have a death wish? We'll find out this evening.
- The Sun Devils will be wearing all-maroon uniforms, and tonight will mark the debut of the maroon helmets.
- Our very own Brad Denny believes that the offensive line must show up, and the running game must be a key contributor tonight for the Devils to pull off the big win.
- Over 70,000 fans came to Sun Devil Stadium for ASU's last home game against Missouri. Will there be a sellout tonight? The loss to Illinois put a damper on the game, but the Pac-12 South is still up for grabs.
- This is USC's first road game of the season. Can they handle the house of heat?
- ASU vs. USC will be broadcast on ESPN, while Oregon vs. Arizona will be relegated to ESPN2 at the same time. Thank you, ESPN!