If you are planning on heading up to Flagstaff Saturday morning for the annual Red and White practice for Arizona Cardinals training camp, you should know a few things.
The team anticipates that the practice will be well attended, so it released the following information and suggestions:
PRACTICE: Fans will have the opportunity to watch the Cardinals take the field and practice from 11:30 a.m.-1:20 p.m. at the upper fields across from the Walkup Skydome.
WEATHER: If the weather prevents the team from practicing on the grass fields at NAU, the action will move indoors to the Walkup Skydome.
KIDS PRE-PRACTICE AUTOGRAPH SESSION: Weather permitting, a special autograph session for kids will take place on the lower field across the street from the Skydome prior to practice from 10:45-11:10 a.m. Rain on Saturday could move the autograph session indoors to the Skydome.
- The session is open to kids 12 years old or younger only.
- Because of time limitations, there will be a one item per child limit and no posed photos will be permitted.
- Gates for the autograph session will open at 9:45 a.m. and a specified number of people will be then allowed to start lining up in the player lines.
- Space is limited and fans will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Lines will be monitored and cut-off to make sure they don't exceed the number of people that can be accommodated during the session.
PARKING: Due to large crowds, NAU has set up a special parking plan for Saturday. Sections of both McConnell Drive and San Francisco Street surrounding the Skydome will be closed beginning at 6:30 AM through the conclusion of practice. Fans coming from the Valley should take the McConnell exit (#341) off I-17 just past the Interstate 40 interchange. Make a right turn at the stop sign and proceed to Pine Knoll. Make a right turn onto Pine Knoll, then in to the large parking lot on the right for shuttle service to the fields. Buses will be leaving every 5-10 minutes from the lot. Parking for disabled individuals will be provided directly east of the Skydome lot, just north of Pine Knoll. Follow signage to the disable parking. Complete info and maps are available at www.azcardinals.com.