The highlight of Thursday's action at the London Olympics will be Usain Bolt's running of the 200 meter final. The Jamaican has already come up with a huge race in the 100 meter final to set the new Olympic record (breaking his old record) and best one of the strongest contingent of sprinters around, and he figures to be favored in this one. Bolt will have to likely beat out his Jamaican teammate Yohan Blake for gold.
The United States women's water polo and women's soccer teams will be in gold medal matches; the soccer team features Amy LePeibellet from Arizona State. The US women's volleyball and basketball teams are also in the semifinals.
Other events include the women's diving platform gold medal, the men's beach volleyball gold medal final, the women's open swim, and other events like field hockey, taekwondo, and canoe/kayaking.
The schedule for today's action is below, all times ET. All events are streamed on NBCOlympics.com.
8 a.m. - 8 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Women's Soccer: Bronze Medal Game (8 a.m.)
- Synchronized Swimming: Team Qualifying (10 a.m.)
- Women's Wrestling: Qualifying, Repechages, Gold Medal Finals (55 kg and 72 kg classes. 10:45 a.m., 2 p.m., 5 p.m.)
- Women's Basketball: Semifinal (Noon)
- Women's Soccer: Gold Medal Match (2:30 p.m.)
9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MSNBC)
- Equestrian: Individual Dressage Final (9 a.m.)
- Men's Field Hockey: Semifinal (11 a.m.)
- Women's Handball: Semifinal (Noon)
- Taekwondo: Semifinals or Finals (1:30 p.m.)
- Women's Volleyball: Semifinals (2:30 p.m.)
- Women's Basketball: Semifinal (4 p.m.)
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (NBC)
- Women's Volleyball: Semifinal (10 a.m.)
- Swimming: Women's 10KM Marathon (11:45 a.m., 12:45 p.m.)
- Track & Field: Qualifying Heats (Noon)
- Canoe/Kayak: Sprint Discipline Finals (1 p.m.)
- Women's Water Polo: Bronze Medal Match (1:30 p.m.), Gold Medal Match (3 p.m.)
- Beach Volleyball: Bronze Medal Match (4 p.m.)
5 - 8 p.m. (CNBC)
- Women's Boxing: Gold Medal Bouts (flyweight, lightweight and middleweight classes)
8 p.m. - Midnight (NBC)
- Track & Field: Gold Medal Finals (decathlon, Men's triple jump, 200m, 800m)
- Women's Diving: Platform Gold Medal Final
- Men's Beach Volleyball: Gold Medal Final
- Cycling: Men's BMX Quarterfinals
12:35 - 1:35 a.m. (NBC)
- Rhythmic Gymnastics: Qualifying
- Track & Field: Women's Javelin Gold Medal Final
Stick with the SB Nation Arizona StoryStream for more coverage of local athletes at the 2012 Olympic Games. For more on the 2012 Olympic Games, make sure that you check out SB Nation's dedicated Olympics hub.