The Arizona State Sun Devils' baseball club was certainly well represented in this year's 2012 MLB First-Year Player Draft, with a whopping 10 players being taken this year. Only one player will be staying local with the Arizona Diamondbacks, pitcher and former Valley High School standout Jake Barrett. The rest will be scattered around the league, with a pair of White Sox Red Sox and Astros draftees, as well as Marlins, Royals and Pirates. Five of them were taken in the final round.
Arizona State has now had 389 players drafted into the major leagues, the most all-time in the NCAA.
Arizona State Sun Devils taken in the 2012 MLB First-Year Player Draft:
- Deven Marrero, 24th overall, 1st round, Boston Red Sox
- Brady Rodgers, 96th overall, 3rd round, Houston Astros
- Joey DeMichele, 108th overall, 3rd round, Chicago White Sox
- Jake Barrett, 120th overall, 3rd round, Arizona Diamondbacks
- Andrew Aplin, 159th overall, 5th round, Houston Astros
- Abe Ruiz, 501st overall, 16th round, Chicago White Sox
- Robert Ravago, 677th overall, 22nd round, Miami Marlins
- Brandon Magee, 721st overall, 23rd round, Boston Red Sox
- Beau Maggi, 733rd overall, 24th round, Kansas City Royals
- Max Rossiter, 976th overall, 32nd round, Pittsburgh Pirates