BALTIMORE, MD - MAY 8: Josh Hamilton #10 of the Texas Rangers hits a two-run home run in the seventh inning during a baseball game against the Baltimore Orioles at Oriole Park at Camden Yards on May 8, 2012 in Baltimore, Maryland. Hamilton hit four home runs during the game to become the 16th player in MLB history to make the accomplishment. (Photo by Mitchell Layton/Getty Images)
A weekly look at who it hot in the major leagues.
It hasn't been a good start for the Arizona Diamondbacks. They are closer to the last place San Diego Padres than the first place Los Angeles Dodgers. While the line-up hasn't been fantastic, it's the pitching that has really killed them. Until they find a way to get the 4.06 team ERA down the Snakes won't be having much success. Time to hit the power rankings...
- Texas Rangers 20-11: They've been the most dominant team in baseball. Excellent in all aspects of the game.
- St. Louis Cardinals 19-11: It's like Dave Duncan never left. Jaime Garcia, Lance Lynn, Jake Westbrook and Kyle Lohse all have four quality starts or more.
- Tampa Bay Rays 19-11: Holding down the fort without Evan Longoria. They've lost three in a row, but are an impressive 13-3 at home.
- Los Angeles Dodgers 19-11: Benefitting from being in the worst division in the National League. Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw might be able to carry this team to the playoffs. Chris Capuano has pitched very well so far.
- Washington Nationals 18-11: Not buying the Nationals yet even though they are really fun to watch. Potential fun argument 20 years from now who was the better pitcher/hitter combination Bryce Harper/Stephen Strasburg or Matt Kemp/Clayton Kershaw.
- Baltimore Orioles 19-11: If I'm not buying the Nationals, I'm selling Orioles stocks in droves. This team will finish below .500. It's 2005 all over again
- New York Yankees 16-13: Will be battling it out for the Rays for first place in the AL East before you know it.
- Cleveland Indians 17-12: Have to regret the Ubaldo Jimenez trade it's going to come back to haunt them.
- Detroit Tigers 15-14: Paging Miguel Cabrera Paging Miguel Cabrera you are to start raking any game thanks.