In an action filled main event, Chan Sung Jung (The Korean Zombie) submitted Dustin Poirier by D'arce choke at the 1:07 mark of the fourth round. Jung controlled Poirier on the ground during the first three rounds and cut Poirier on the top of his head with an elbow in the first round.
Poirier survived multiple submission attempts by Jung in the second round as Jung went from armbar to triangle choke during a scramble on the ground. Both men landed vicious strikes on each other and both men were bloodied after the fight. In the fourth round, Jung rocked Poirier with an uppercut and a flying knee, with the dazed Poirier on the ground, Jung locked in the choke and claimed the victory.
Jung earned himself some extra cash as his D'arce choke earned him "Submission of the Night." Jung and Poirier were awarded "Fight of the Night," and Tom Lawlor was awarded "Knockout of the Night" for his first round knockout of Jason McDonald. Bonuses were $40,000 each.
UFC on FUEL TV 3 took place from the Patriot Center in Fairfax, Virginia. The reported attendance for the event was 4,592 for a live gate of $343,175. Full results from the night's action below.
- Chan Sung Jung def. Dustin Poirier via submission (D'arce choke) - Round 4, 1:07
- Amir Sadollah def. Jorge Lopez via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Donald Cerrone def. Jeremy Stephens via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Yves Jabouin def. Jeff Hougland via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Igor Pokrajac def. Fabio Maldonado via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27)
- Tom Lawlor def. Jason McDonald via knockout (punch) - Round 1, 0:50
- Brad Tavares def. Dongi Yang via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Cody McKenzie def. Marcus LeVesseur via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 1, 3:05
- T.J. Grant def. Carlo Prater via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Rafael Dos Anjos def. Kamal Shalorus via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1, 1:40
- Johnny Eduardo def. Jeff Curran via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Francisco Rivera def. Alex Soto via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)