April 4, 2012; Salt Lake City, UT, USA; Utah Jazz forward Derrick Favors (15) and Phoenix Suns center Robin Lopez (15) battle for a rebound during the second half at Energy Solutions Arena. The Suns defeated the Jazz 107-105. Mandatory Credit: Russ Isabella-US PRESSWIRE
The Suns, fresh off a big win in Utah, have another big game on the schedule Friday night in Denver. A win would put them in a virtual tie for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
The Phoenix Suns are just one game out of the playoffs and the team ahead of them just so happens to be the team on the schedule for Friday night, the Denver Nuggets. A win by Phoenix would give both team identical 29-26 records and that qualifies this as a "Big Game".
It is not, however, a must win game. A loss to the Nuggets would be a set back for the Suns but there's still 11 games left in the season, including another meeting with the Nuggets.
Denver is coming off a road loss to the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday while the Suns are coming off their amazing and thrilling win in Utah.
- Point guard: Steve Nash --- Ty Lawson
- Shooting guard: Shannon Brown -- Arron Afflalo
- Small forward: Jared Dudley -- Corey Brewer
- Power forward: Channing Frye -- Kennth Faried
- Center: Marcin Gortat -- JaVale McGee
- Key subs: Suns (Sebastian Telfair, Robin Lopez, Michael Redd). Nuggets (Al Harrington, Andre Miller, Kosta Koufos)
TV broadcast info: