With the eight pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
The Dolphins had some success on the ground last year, ranking 11th in the league in rushing. However, despite having a talented wide receiver like Brandon Marshall, they were an ineffective passing team in what is now clearly a passing league.
With that in mind, the choice to grab what some consider the best quarterback prospect after the top two guys is clear. The fact that new Dolphin offensive coordinator Mike Sherman was Ryan Tannehill's college head coach makes the identity of that pick pretty certain.
While many (myself included) have serious doubts about Tannehill's projection as a franchise quarterback, he has tremendous tools to work with. Plus, when Matt Moore is currently your best quarterback, it's time to upgrade.
The Carolina Panthers are now on the clock. Ryan Bafaloukos will make the pick.
1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Washington Redskins: Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT, USC
4. Cleveland Browns: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
6. St. Louis Rams: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa