The Masters 2012 field has finally been put together, and Phil Mickelson is the headliner among the Arizona-connected golfers. Mickelson's affiliation with Arizona is obvious--he went to school at Arizona State. He was born in San Diego and lives in Rancho Santa Fe, but remains very popular in the Copper State.
Other golfers with Arizona connections are in attendance.
- Aaron Baddeley was born in Lebanon, New Hampshire, and now lives in Scottsdale, Arizona along with spending time in Australia. Best finish at the Masters--2009, tied for 17th.
- The Englishman Paul Casey went to school at Arizona State and also resides in Scottsdale. Best finish at the Masters--2004, tied for 6th.
- The South African Tim Clark lives in Scottsdale after going to school in NC State. Best finish at the Masters--2006, tied for 2nd.
- Chez Reavie is originally from Kansas, but went to school at Arizona State and lives in Scottsdale. He has yet to make the cut at the Masters in his two appearances in 2002 and 2009.
- Rory Sabbatini went to school in Arizona and now lives in Fort Worth, Texas. Sabbatini's best finish at the Masters was a tie for 2nd in 2007.
- Jim Furyk went to school at the University of Arizona. Furyk is originally from West Chester, Pennsylvania and now lives in Ponta Vedra Beach, Florida. Furyk's best finish were 4th place finishes in 1998 and 2003.
- Robert Garrigus went to school at Scottsdale Community College and lives in Scottsdale. This will be Garrigus's first appeareance at the Masters.
- German Martin Kaymer splits his time between Scottsdale and Germany. Kaymer has missed the cut in all four Masters appearances the last four years.
- Martin Laird is originally from Scotland and now lives in Scottsdale. Laird finished in a tie for 20th last season.