We've reached the point in following the Arizona Cardinals hunt for a quarterback that we are now in "meta" mode. We've exhausted pretty much every option and as Mike Sando from ESPN points out, all of them at some point have been linked to Arizona.
Now our best bet is to comment on the reports and analyze the comments. The bottom line as Sando points out so well, is that the situation is fluid and anything can happen. You are better off trying to pick a winner in Saturday's Kentucky Derby than guessing which QB the Cards will end up.
Sando recaps the situation in beautiful bullet points:
At various points recently, we've seen projections suggesting:
- Drafting Missouri's Blaine Gabbert would be a "no-brainer" selection for Arizona;
- The Cardinals might already have "an understanding" with veteran Marc Bulger;
- Arizona is Matt Hasselbeck's most likely free-agent destination;
- Carson Palmer could fit nicely in the Cardinals' offense;
- Arizona appears to be the favorite to land Kevin Kolb from Philadelphia;
- The Denver Broncos think the Cardinals have interest in Kyle Orton as a fallback plan;
- Donovan McNabb is not an option.
Now, if we could just get Vegas to lay down odds for which QB will end up in Arizona, that would be a story worth writing about.